Volunteering is a great way to contribute to the arts, learn about the world of glass and support Canberra’s most creative cultural attraction. Glass making at any level involves the sharing of ideas, information and skills; resulting in artists and volunteers working together to achieve common goals. Volunteers are an important part of the creative process.
The benefits of being a Glassworks volunteer include the opportunity to support a community based, not-for-profit arts organisation and work in a creative team environment:
- A chance to work alongside leading glass artists from Australia and overseas
- Access to behind-the-scenes
- 10% discount on items in store (except books and magazines)
- 10% discount on all education programs
- The opportunity to gain work experience and professional skills in a range of roles within a major cultural attraction
- Invitations to special events, gallery openings and previews
- Free glass class after 70 hours worked.
Why we need you!
Our volunteer program is integral to the fabric of the Glassworks. The strong, committed and dedicated team of volunteers help with the day-to-day operation of the organisation, so it runs efficiently and professionally. They are also the welcoming committee, greeting visitors, providing information, answering questions and working on special events.
Outside of this, volunteers engage a wider audience ? friends, relatives, acquaintances ? encouraging community participation in the Glassworks. This is crucial for us to achieve our goal to promote Canberra Glassworks as a centre of excellence and to continually build the public’s awareness of glass as a visual art form.
Like more information?
Call us on 02 6260 7005, email email@example.com or call in and see us at the Canberra Glassworks, Wednesday to Sunday from 10am to 4pm.